At Just Wood Furniture, we know that when it comes to picking the right living room furniture, there are a lot of things to consider.
You want to make sure that you pick pieces that are going to be both comfortable and stylish. In this guide, we will walk you through the process of picking out the perfect living room furniture for your home. We’ll discuss everything from size and style to color and fabric.
So whether you’re just starting to furnish your new home or you’re looking to replace some old pieces, read on for tips and advice on how to choose the perfect living room furniture!
Click to see contents
What To Consider When Choosing Furniture
Functionality: You want to make sure that the pieces you choose are going to be functional for your needs. Consider how you will be using the space and what kind of furniture will best suit those needs. For example, if you entertain guests often, you might want to invest in a sofa with built-in recliners or a coffee table with storage.
Size: Another important consideration is size. You want to make sure that the furniture you choose will fit comfortably in your space. Measure your room before you start shopping and keep those dimensions in mind when choosing pieces.
Style: When it comes to style, there are endless possibilities. Do some research ahead of time and decide what kind of style you are looking for. You can find inspiration online or in-home magazines.
The Different Types Of Furniture Available
Some furniture you can consider for the living room are:
- Coffee tables
- Side tables
- TV units
- Storage units
These different types of furniture can be bought individually or as a set. It all depends on your personal preferences and budget. If you have a large living room, you may want to consider buying a sofa set that includes a coffee table and two side tables. However, if you have a smaller living room, modern chairs might be more suitable. It all comes down to what you need and want in your living room.
How To Measure Your Living Room For Furniture Placement
Before you start shopping for furniture, it’s important to measure your living room and make a note of the dimensions. This will give you a better idea of how much space you have to work with, and what size and shape of furniture would be best suited for the room.
To measure your living room, you will need:
- A tape measure
- A notebook or piece of paper
- A pen or pencil
Once you have these items, follow these steps:
- Measure the length and width of the room. Make a note of these measurements in your notebook or on a piece of paper.
- Measure the height of the ceiling. Again, make a note of this measurement.
- Take a look at the doorways and windows in the room. Make a note of any obstacles that might make it difficult to place furniture in certain areas of the room.
- Using your tape measure and notebook, sketch out a basic floor plan of the room. Include all measurements and obstacle notes. This will help you visualize the space and determine the best way to arrange furniture.
Now that you have all your measurements, you’re ready to start shopping for furniture!
Tips For Buying New Furniture On A Budget
If you’re looking to save money on buying new furniture, there are a few tips you can follow:
- Shop around at different stores to compare prices.
- See if there are any sales or discounts going on: This is probably the most obvious tip, but it’s worth mentioning because it can save you a lot of money. Checking online and in-store flyers can help you keep track of sales so you know when the best time to buy furniture is.
- Try to buy during the off-season: Buying furniture during the off-season can also help you save money. Stores are more likely to offer clearance pricing and discounts during this time as they make room for new inventory.
- Ask if the store offers any financing options: Some furniture stores offer financing options that can help make your purchase more affordable. This is especially helpful if you’re buying a more expensive piece of furniture. Asking about financing options ahead of time can help you budget better for your purchase.
Following these tips can help you get the best deals possible on your new furniture purchase. Furnishing your living room doesn’t have to be expensive if you’re willing to do a little research and shop around.
Furniture Arrangement Ideas For Small And Large Living Rooms
Small living rooms can be tricky to furniture shop for because you don’t want the furniture to look cramped and cluttered. A good rule of thumb is to pick a few key pieces that you really love and build the rest of the room around them. For example, if you have your heart set on a beautiful antique armchair, then look for a couch and coffee table that complements it nicely.
If you have a large living room, you have more leeway in terms of furniture selection. You can go for a more dramatic look with heavier pieces, or create a minimalistic and airy feel with lighter-colored furniture. It all depends on your personal taste and the overall style of your home. But no matter what, always make sure to leave enough space for people to move around comfortably. The last thing you want is for your living room to feel cramped and cluttered.
With these guidelines in mind, furniture shopping for your living room should be a breeze! Just remember to take your time, think about what you want, and have fun with it. After all, this is one of the most important rooms in your home – it’s where you’ll entertain guests, relax with family, and make memories that will last a lifetime. So make sure it reflects your unique style and personality.